- The MIPS Estimator has been updated to the 2020 requirements, start tracking today!
- Check out the MarsdenAdvisors YouTube Channel for resources on MIPS, including an overview of the 2021 Proposed Rule.
Make your plan to succeed in the Quality Payment Program
Use the free ValView MIPS Estimator to determine which measures and data submission methods give you the highest baseline Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) composite score. Then, make workflow changes to improve patient outcomes and work towards improving your MIPS score to achieve the highest possible reimbursement for the 2020 performance year.
Note: Every page with calculations needs to either be refreshed or saved to clear previous submission data and update category scores.
The ValView MIPS Estimator provides:
- Guided instructions and links for simple data entry.
- Option to calculate scores for an individual clinician or group. A group score will be calculated automatically if you enter data for more than one individual clinician.
- Opportunity to compare score results between various quality reporting methods: claims, EHR, Qualified Registry, Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR).
- Option to re-weight MIPS category scores, if you are eligible for an exception: Click here for link
- Automatic calculation of your six best performing quality measures.
- Automatic addition of bonus points where applicable.
Before you begin: Use the QPP Participation Status Lookup Tool to check if clinicians in your practice (by NPI#) are eligible for QPP through either MIPS or an Advanced Alternative Payment Model by year and by location. Clinicians may choose to report voluntarily if they are not eligible for MIPS.
How do I use the MIPS Estimator?
- Gather data from your EHR or other sources for all categories you want to include in your estimated MIPS score.
- Complete all responses in the Practice/Provider page.
- Enter data in each category for every clinician. Individual and group scores will be calculated unless you enter only group data.
- Your estimated MIPS composite score will be displayed on the scoring page.
- Save and reuse reports:
- Name and save your report as either “Actual” (true performance data) or “Target/Test” (your goal performance, not actual performance) to open and compare at a later date.
- Download reports in EXCEL or PDF format.
- Attest to MIPS on the CMS QPP Portal during the reporting period.
*Note: Completing the ValView MIPS Estimator does NOT submit your data to CMS.
Use the MIPS Estimator throughout the year to track progress towards your goals.
Need additional assistance with QPP?
MarsdenAdvisors, the team behind Valview, is a EHR consulting firm focused on helping practices achieve QPP requirements. We offer low cost success plans that take the burden of reporting off your shoulders. Contact us today for a quote!
Small practices, as well as practices deemed rural or a part of a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) qualify for free technical assistance funded by CMS. To learn more about these services and to find an organization in your area, visit the QPP page on support for Small, Underserved, and Rural Practices.
Example Estimated MIPS Score Reports
Preview examples of the Estimated MIPS Score reports.